Resume of Shuvangkar Das
Hi, I am Shuvangkar Das, research assistant and Ph.D. student at Clarkson University. I am a fast learner and easily adaptive to new technology. I am experienced with a wide variety of things. I value and practice growth mindset, deep work, documenting tasks, journaling, good relationship, simplicity, and discipline. I love reading books, writing blogs, and making videos as a pastime activity.
Summary of Qualifications
- 5+ years experience in full stack embedded system development.
- Experience in power electronics control, simulation & hardware implementation.
- Experience in power system modeling, state estimation & data driven CPPS.
Skills & Tools
- Simulation & EDA: Simulink, PSCAD, RSCAD, RT-LAB, Proteus ISIS, Multisim, PSIM, Eagle PCB,
- Target Hardware: Microchip AVR, MSP430, ESP32, ESP8266, PIC18F, dsPIC30F, dsPIC33F, STM32, Raspberry Pi, Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, RTDS, Opal-RT
- IDE & Editor: Atmel Studio, MPLAB-X, Code Compose Studio, Arduino IDE, Arduino CLI, VSCode,
- Network Tools: Scapy, Wireshark, CORE Emu,
- Protocols: UART, SPI, I2C, TCP, UDP, HTTP, MQTT, IEEE C37.118.2
- ML Tools: Numpy, Keras, PyTorch, Pandas, Matplotlib
- Application Development: ExpressJs, Bootstrap, HTML, CSS, NGINX, MongoDB, Docker, VirtualBox, VernMQ, Google Cloud, Git
- Other Skills: Content making(blog & video), Teamwork
- S. Shuvo, E. Hossain, and Z. R. Khan, “Fixed Point Implementation of Grid Tied Inverter in Digital Signal Processing Controller,” IEEE Access, pp. 1–1, 2020.
- S. Shuvo, E. Hossain, T. Islam, A. Akib, S. Padmanaban, and M. Z. R. Khan, “Design and Hardware Implementation Considerations of Modified Multilevel Cascaded H-Bridge Inverter for Photovoltaic System,” IEEE Access, vol. 7, pp. 16504–16524, 2019.
- M. H. Mondol, M. R. Tür, S. P. Biswas, M. K. Hosain, S. Shuvo, and E. Hossain, “Compact Three Phase Multilevel Inverter for Low and Medium Power Photovoltaic Systems,” IEEE Access, vol. 8, pp. 60824–60837, 2020.
- S. Das, P. P. Saha, M. F. Uddin, and E. Hossain, “Reducing Generation Cost by Optimum Load Scheduling in Smart Grid Considering System Loss,” in 2018 IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition, ECCE 2018, 2018, no. June 2019, pp. 2663–2669.
- Z. R. Rony, S. C. Das, and M. Z. R. Khan, “Space vector modulated PWM generation for motor control systems,” in ICECE 2018 - 10th International Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering, 2019, no. 1, pp. 149–152.
- S. Shuvo et al., “Design and Analysis of a Low Cost IoT based Data logging System for Solar PV Monitoring,” in 15th Photovoltaic Science, Applications & Technology Conference, 2019.
- S. Shuvo et al., “Analog signal processing based hardware implementation of real-time audio visualizer,” in 2020 IEEE Region 10 Symposium (TENSYMP), 2020.
- Graduate Research Assistant, SPSC Lab, Clarkson University(2021 June - Now)
Working on NYSERDA Real-time Interconnection Studies and Control of New York Offshore Wind with the NYPA (2020-2023). Modeling and detection of cyber physical power system testbed with different physical and cyber faults
- Senior IoT Engineer 2020 March – 2021 May adorsho praniSheba Ltd, Dhaka Developed three cutting-edge IoT products, i.e., Low-power Cow Bolus, Remote Cowshed Monitoring System(RCMS), and Base Station for sensor network employing modular firmware architecture, low power RF and microcontroller technology focusing on modern precision farming.
- Embedded System Engineer (part-time) 2017 May-2017 Sep IICT, BUET The key role comprises designing a development board based on Microchip PIC18F microcontroller. So, the main tasks include designing circuits and PCB, fabricating PCB, testing circuit & writing chapter-wise code for the courseware.
- PhD in Electrical & Electronics Engineering, 3.923/4.00, June 2021 - Now
Clarkson University, Potsdam, NY
- B.Sc. in Electrical & Electronic Engineering , CGPA: 3.06/4.00, May 2012 - May 2017 Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology, Dhaka, Bangladesh